This morning we resume our studies in the miracles in John’s Gospel. Our Order of Service and Intimations will be:
Call to Worship
Hymn 438 The head that once was crowned
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Hymn 189 Be still for the presence of the Lord
Prayer of Approach
Offering / Dedication
Scripture Reading: John 4 v43—54 p1068
Prayer of Intercession
Hymn 686 How happy are all who hear
Address: ‘He Believed and Went’
Hymn 160 Praise my soul the King of heaven
Benediction / Sung Amen
- We meet for Bible Study & Prayer on Wednesday at 7.30pm.
- The Kirk Session will meet on Tuesday 7 February at 7.30pm.
- Our congregational magazine, The Herald, is available this morning.
- The new copies of the free daily readings booklets “Word for Today” and “Word 4 U Today” are now available in the magazine racks in the passageways outside both hall doors, and in the vestibule.
- Lodging House Mission: The annual Homeless Service will take place in: Lodging House Mission, 35 East Campbell Street, G1 5DT on tonight at 6:30pm. The service will be led by Right Rev Dr Russell Barr, Moderator of the General Assembly. Everyone is welcome.
- Rev Jean de Villiers is looking forward to beginning his time of ‘familiarisation’ in BVP on the 1 February; we look forward to meeting Jean and learning from him in the months to come.
- Local Church Review: Thank you to everyone who has participated in the LCR. A draft report has been prepared and will be discussed at the next Session Meeting.