John’s Gospel relates seven miracles performed by Jesus; these miracles tell the story of Jesus’ ministry and reveal His glory. This morning we begin to explore these miracles as an exposition of John’s great words ‘the Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us full of grace and truth.’ Our Order of Service and Intimations will be:
Call to Worship
Hymn The Lord’s my Shepherd (S Townend)
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Hymn 144 I love the sun
Prayer of Approach
Offering / Dedication
Scripture Reading: John 2 v1—12 p1064
Prayer of Intercession
Hymn 356 Meekness and majesty
Address: ‘The Word made Flesh’
Hymn 519 Love divine all loves excelling
Benediction / Sung Amen
* This morning we begin a series of studies in the miracles recorded in John’s Gospel. One of the finest and most accessible books on John’s Gospel is ‘The Message of John’ by Dr Bruce Milne, published by IVP in The Bible Speaks Today series.
- We meet for Bible Study & Prayer on Wednesday at 7.30pm.
- The Kirk Session will meet on Tuesday 7 February at 7.30pm.
- Articles for our congregational magazine The Herald should be sent to John Goddard as soon as possible.
- The new copies of the free daily readings booklets “Word for Today” and “Word 4 U Today” are now available in the magazine racks in the passageways outside both hall doors, and in the vestibule.
- Lodging House Mission: The annual Homeless Service will take place in: Lodging House Mission, 35 East Campbell Street, G1 5DT on Sunday 29th January 2017, at 6:30pm. The service will be led by Right Rev Dr Russell Barr, Moderator of the General Assembly. Everyone is welcome.
- Rev Jean de Villiers is looking forward to beginning his time of ‘familiarisation’ in BVP on the 1 February; we look forward to meeting Jean and learning from him in the months to come.
- Local Church Review: In December we thought about where we are and where we would like to be On Thursday 26 January at 7.30pm we meet the Presbytery Team to plan the way forward. Everyone is welcome to come and share their thoughts.