This morning we consider one of the most liberating but most difficult questions in the Christian faith, the Christian’s relationship to the Law in the light of Roman’s 7 & 8. Our Order of Service and Intimations are:
Call to Worship
Hymn 100 O Lord Thou art my God and king
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Hymn 181 For the beauty of the earth
Prayer of Approach
Offering / Dedication
Scripture Reading: Romans 7 v1—12 p1133
Prayer of Intercession
Hymn 451 v1,3-5 Where high the heavenly
Address: ‘The Christian Remarried’
Hymn 536 May the mind of Christ my Saviour
Benediction / Sung Amen
- We gather for Evening Worship at 6.30pm in the Small Hall.
- We meet for Bible Study & Prayer on Wednesday at 7.30pm.
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity: All Saints Episcopal Church, 10 Woodend Drive, Jordanhill on Monday 16th January at 7.00pm. Address: Psalm 133 by Campbell Mackinnon
- Glasgow City Council have agreed to accept Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children during the course of this year. The Church of Scotland has discussed with the City Council about the possibility of individuals from within its many congregations to consider providing a home for these children in a ‘Foster Care’ capacity. If you are interested in helping a child, then meetings will take place in the City Chambers during January. Details are on the notice board in the small hall or please speak with Robert Belmore or Campbell MacKinnon.
- Local Church Review: In December we thought about where we are and where we would like to be On Thursday 26 January at 7.30pm we meet the Presbytery Team to plan the way forward. Everyone is welcome to come and share their thoughts.