This Sunday morning we continue our studies in the miracles in John’s Gospel and in the Evening Service we will consider that much neglected dimension of Love: Patience. Our Order of Service and Intimations will be:
Call to Worship
Hymn 132 Immortal invisible God only wise
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Hymn 443 He is Lord, He is Lord
Prayer of Approach
Offering / Dedication
Scripture Reading: John 5 v1—18 p1068
Prayer of Intercession
Hymn 491 Lord Jesus think on me
Address: ‘Get Up and Walk!’
Hymn 436 Christ triumphant ever reigning
Benediction / Sung Amen
- We meet for Bible Study & Prayer on Wednesday at 7.30pm.
- The Kirk Session will meet on Tuesday 7 February at 7.30pm. Minutes and copies of the draft LCR report will be circulated by email. Six hard copies of the draft LCR report are available in the vestibule.
- Crossreach News is available in the vestibule.
- The Guild meets on Wednesday 8 February at 2.00pm, the speaker will be Campbell Mackinnon and his theme will be: ‘The Life and Poetry of John’ Donne’.
- Due to errors in the Immigration Office, Rev Jean de Villiers has not been granted a visa to come to the UK. However these errors are being rectified and Jean will be joining us sometime soon, though we do not know when.
- The final total for 2016 Financial Appeal, held last December, is £10 765. The Congregational Board thank the congregation for their outstanding generosity in support of Christ’s work in Balshagray Victoria Park.
- BVP Dining with Friends: Friday 17 February at 6.30pm in Toby Carvery Braehead, please see the notice in the Small Hall for details.
- Mrs Edith McNab’s funeral service will be held in BVP on Wednesday 15th February at 12.15pm, followed by a committal at Clydebank Crematorium at 1.30pm. Everyone will be made most welcome.
- Next Sunday worship will be led by our former assistant Norman Afrin; we do look forward to welcoming Norman, Becca and Joel back to Balshagray Victoria Park.