This morning Dave Sutherland will be teaching the young people about Loom Bands and we will continue our studies in Matthew’s Gopel by considering the parable of the Unmerciful Servant. We shall also spend time in prayer for the developing situation in Syria,Iraq and Gaza. Our Order of Service and Intimations will be:
Introit & Call to Worship
Hymn 189 Be still for the presence of the Lord
Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Hymn 619 & 620 Spirit of the living God
Prayer of Approach
Offering / Dedication
Scripture Reading: Matthew 18 v21—35 p985
Prayer of Intercession
Hymn 478 Behold the amazing gift of love
Sermon: ‘The Air We Breathe’
Hymn 396 And can it be
Benediction / Sung Amen
- During our prayers this morning we will use a responsive prayer prepared by a Christian worker in Jordan. Copies of the prayer are available with this Intimation sheet this morning.
- Our mid-week meetings for Bible Study and Prayer continue this Wednesday evening at 7.30pm.
- The Congregational Board will meet on Tuesday 26 August at 7.30pm in the Small Hall.
- On Friday evening congregations across Scotland held a prayer vigil for the plight of people in Iraq, Gaza and Syria. We tried to contact as many people as we could and met in the Centenary Chapel from 7.30pm till 8.30pm. The Order of Service used, the prayers and photographs remain in the Centenary Chapel; if you would like to spend some time in the Centenary Chapel after this morning’s service to pray please feel free to do so.
- BVP Dining with Friends—Saturday 30th August at 6.30pm in St Louis Café near the Broomhill roundabout. Come along and enjoy an evening with friends from the congregation; just add your name to the list in the Small Hall or speak to Sarah Hay (07504 702699).
- Articles for the September edition of the Herald should be sent to John Goddard by 24th of August.
- John Rutter will be conducting his Requiem on Saturday 25 October in Wellington Church, Southpark Avenue, at 6.00pm. Tickets are £10 in aid of Waverly Care. Further information can be found at: www.waverleycare.org/rutter